Karl’s new book is now available!
Parkinson’s Empowerment Training: The Next Steps Towards Improving Movement, Memory, and Cognition
Available in paperback ($13.99 USD) and Kindle ($9.99 USD) formats on Amazon at:
CLICK HERE to order in USA
HAGA CLIC AQUÍ para ordenar en México (edición en español: $400 pesos Mexicanos)
In his second book, “Parkinson’s Empowerment Training” author Karl Sterling goes deep into exploring many areas that will help the person with PD to manage symptoms and improve quality of movement, cognition, memory, and life.
- the power of hope, empowerment, and belief
- how to maximize neuroplasticity
- sleep management
- benefits of using Power Plate and whole body vibration
- learn about the many roles of dopamine
- improve memory and cognition
- “Nutrition in Parkinson’s Disease” written by dietitian, Cynthia Lopez
Read inspiring stories by:
- people living with Parkinson’s
- physical therapists
- fitness trainers
Guest writers include:
Sylvie Patrick, Russ Parker, Alison Klaum, Ruben Artavia, Alfredo Bozzierre, Mike Mitani, Melissa Tafoya, Dr. Pepe Gonzales, Dr. Eduardo Guadarrama , Donna Parker, Kabugo Hannington, Lilia Drew, Laura Olmos, & Ted Byrd.
ORDER Karl Sterling’s first book: Parkinson’s Regeneration Training: NEUROPSYCHOMOTOR REHABILITATION: an integrative and fitness-based approach to improving movement and cognition
Available in paperback ($18.99 USD) and Kindle ($9.99 USD) formats on Amazon at: CLICK HERE to order
The Parkinson’s Regeneration Training Audio Book is available on Audible: CLICK HERE to order
While Parkinson’s Disease (PD) can be debilitating, there is plenty of compelling data to show that exercise is one of the best ways of managing PD symptoms. Studies show that regular exercise can improve gait, grip, balance, stability, strength, and motor control in the PD client.
In addition, this improvement in movement and mobility helps to reduce falls, injuries, and various other complications of the disease in the PD client.
Learn and gain a solid understanding of:
- What is Parkinson’s Disease (PD)?
- Who gets Parkinson’s Disease?
- What are the symptoms of PD? (motor and non-motor symptoms)
- How does PD affect strength, movement, mobility, stability, flexibility, cognitive function, posture, and overall functionality?
- What can people with PD be doing to manage disease symptoms and reduce or eliminate falls and injury?
- How can caregivers, home health aides, and others to help the person with PD?
- Learn how the brain can be retrained to improve and help restore neuromuscular communication, cognitive function, and cognitive function during movement
Through hands on application, learn about specialized tools and optimal exercises that will help the person with PD to improve:
- Foundational Movement Patterns
- Mobility and Movement
- Overall Functionality
- Advanced Neurological Gait and Fall Risk Assessments
- Advanced Techniques to WAKE-UP the Central Nervous System and Brain
- Advanced Cognitive Training / Dual Tasking / Problem Solving Training Techniques to Improve Movement, Mobility, Overall Functionality, and Reduce Falls
- Advanced Techniques to Activate Visual and Vestibular System
- Benefits of Group Fitness Training for the Person with Parkinson’s
- Learn Dozens of Effective Group Fitness Training Techniques
- Learn Advantages of Virtual/Augmented Reality Training
- The Power of Music During Exercise for People with PD
- Voice Training Techniques
(You’ll want to wear your exercise clothes because we’ll be going through specific exercises for each of these areas)
We look forward to seeing you at a workshop soon!