THESE WORKSHOPS are designed to CHANGE LIVES in the person with Parkinson’s Disease!
IN THESE WORKSHOPS, YOU’LL LEARN
While Parkinson’s Disease (PD) can be debilitating, there is plenty of compelling data to show that exercise is one of the best ways of managing PD symptoms. Studies show that regular exercise can improve gait, grip, balance, stability, strength, and motor control in the PD client.
In addition, this improvement in movement and mobility helps to reduce falls, injuries, and various other complications of the disease in the PD client.
LEVEL 1 WORKSHOP: (.7 NASM/AFAA CEC APPROVED) includes 4+ hours of hands-on/interactive learning
Learn and gain a solid understanding of:
- What is Parkinson’s Disease (PD)?
- Who gets Parkinson’s Disease?
- What are the symptoms of PD? (motor and non-motor symptoms)
- How does PD affect strength, movement, mobility, stability, flexibility, cognitive function, posture, and overall functionality?
- What can people with PD be doing to manage disease symptoms and reduce or eliminate falls and injury?
- How can caregivers, home health aides, and others to help the person with PD?
- Learn how the brain can be retrained to improve and help restore neuromuscular communication, cognitive function, and cognitive function during movement (while simultaneously activating proprioceptive awareness along with the vestibular and visual systems).
Through hands on application, learn optimal exercises that will help the person with PD to improve:
- Mobility and movement
- Overall functionality
LEVEL 2 WORKSHOP: (.7 NASM/AFAA CEC APPROVED) includes intensive hands-on/interactive learning
- Advanced Neurological Fall Risk Assessments
- Advance Myofascial Release Techniques to Improve Flexibility and Work Towards Relieving Some Rigidity
- Advanced Cognitive Training / Dual Tasking / Prolem Solving Training Techniques to Improve Movement, Mobility, Overall Functionality, and Reduce Falls
- Advanced Techniques to Simultaneously Activate Visual and Vestibular Systems While Exercising on a Proprioceptively Enriched Environment (to stimulate deeper brain activation)
- Discover the Many Benefits of Group Fitness Training for the Person with Parkinson’s
- Learn Dozens of Effective Group Fitness Training Techniques
- Learn Advantages of Virtual/Augmented Reality Training
- The Power of Music During Exercise for People with PD
- Voice Training Techniques
(You’ll want to wear your exercise clothes because we’ll be going through specific exercises for each of these areas)
We look forward to seeing you at a workshop soon!